CleverStat.com Forum Index CleverStat.com
CleverStat forum

SEO Tutorial and FAQSEO Tutorial and FAQ   SearchSearch   Free SEO SoftwareFree SEO Software   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Old Data

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ingrid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Lost Old Data Reply with quote

I uploaded the new version of Free Monitor and didn't save the files to another folder thinking the new version would have kept the old data. Do all your versions wipe out the data? Or is the old data in some file on the hard drive? I haven't seen it, so I'm wondering.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean version 1.x by saying "old"?
ingrid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I had the 1.0 version and everything was fine. I downloaded the new one 2.0 I think. And it overwrote all my old data.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost sure the information is not lost. Please follow these steps:

1. Close Free Monitor for Google if it is running.
2. Open the folder where your old version was installed, for instance, C:\Program Files\GoogleMon\
3. In that folder find the files with DAT type. (You might need to disable "Hide known extensions" option in the folder properties if you use Explorer file manager to be able to see the extension of files).
4. Copy all files with DAT extension into clipboard. You can do this by selecting all those files with mouse and using right-click menu then.
5a. Open the Application Data folder. Usually it is located at the following path: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\.
username is the user name you log into system under.
5b. If you work under Win9X or WinMe, Application Data path is: C:\Windows\Application Data\
6. Open that folder and find Free Monitor for Google folder there.
7. You need to paste the files from the clipboard into the folder from step 6.
8. Now run Free Monitor for Google again.

Let me know if this helps.
comm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now, it's the second time that I lost all the data of "project.gmp" just by closing free monitor in the evening and opening it again in the next morning. the file shows now 1K. it seems, that there is no backup file. I am very annoyed about it, because there where 100s of urls and keywords in my projects. it's all lost. the result is, I have to copy daily the file "project.gmp" to prevent this. if this tool where not free, I would kick it, but so I have to live with it. but it's no good advertising for you other tools.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please ensure you are using the latest version of Free Monitor for Google from our site. You can see the version info in the about box of the program. The latest version at the moment is 2.3, you can get it with this link: http://CleverStat.com/googlemon.exe
comm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, I am using the lastest version! it's 2.3.16.34!
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some minor updates since build 34, please download Free Monitor for Google with the above link.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: