CleverStat.com Forum Index CleverStat.com
CleverStat forum

SEO Tutorial and FAQSEO Tutorial and FAQ   SearchSearch   Free SEO SoftwareFree SEO Software   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't access google search

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prbureau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Can't access google search Reply with quote

Hi

I have started receiving warning messages from google and not being able to access google to do normal searches even when not using the free google monitor.

The google error message I'm getting is that automated responses appear to be coming from my PC and that it may be infected with a virus?

Note that I'm getting these error messages now several days AFTER using the Google monitor - even when I'm not using the google monitor.

What is happening here? I thought the idea of an API application is that we are allowed up to 1000 quiries per day? Why am I getting these warning messages and not being able to access google search?

Thanks

John
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue is caused by Google. It can ban your IP address (not your website) if there are too many queries following from that IP at one time. However, with Google API key enabled this couldn't happen. Please ensure that you have enabled this option and typed your authentication key without errors.

Of course, virus message is just a trick to keep you from using automated rank checking software not using API service.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
my key is installed properly and I've input it into the preferences section of the google monitor and ticked the authentity key box. I have only ever used the free google monitor with the API key and never run it without that.

Ive been using my PC for 5 years and never once had this problem with google. But a few days after running the google monitor I'm getting this problem and warning message from google?

I was asked to enter a graphical code that google supplied which I did, and gained access to google search but then a few searches later the same thing happened again and I had to enter their graphical code twice to gain access to the search.

Why is this happening? any insights or action steps would be appreciated.

John
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ive been using my PC for 5 years and never once had this problem with google.

It strated ban by IP not so long ago indeed.

Actually, I cannot suggest anything in the case if you're using Google Web API. Perhaps you should contact google's support team on this issue, because Google obviously shouldn't ban you if you use legitimate ways to check your rank. However, please check your key twice again, some typo could be there, or "I" instead of small L etc.

Also you could try to reduce the amount of keywords checked at once.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I've cut an pasted my API key in. In fact I did it twice to make sure. Not much chance of an error occuring there.

Also in a previous e-mail you said that the google monitor cannot run if the key is not in the preferences box and the box ticked.

Therefore since the box IS ticked and the program checked the keywords the key must be right?

John
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Therefore since the box IS ticked and the program checked the keywords the key must be right

Seems logical Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: