CleverStat.com Forum Index CleverStat.com
CleverStat forum

SEO Tutorial and FAQSEO Tutorial and FAQ   SearchSearch   Free SEO SoftwareFree SEO Software   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Access Violation errors

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prbureau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Access Violation errors Reply with quote

I've downloaded the Google monitor on 2nd April and registered my API. I've inported a about 150 keywords. I've entered the API key into the preferences section. Ran the program and it pulls the positions of all the keywords.

All the data appears to be collected OK BUT when I go to close the program there are about 6 windows popup one after another saying "ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR" with some strange looking code after it. If I accept all of these windows the program will close down. I've got 2 questions

Whay am I getting all these error windows on closing the program? and

How can I be certain that the program is actually using the Google API? e.g. what happens if the API is not entered correctly e.g.

John
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All the data appears to be collected OK BUT when I go to close the program there are about 6 windows popup one after another saying "ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR" with some strange looking code after it. If I accept all of these windows the program will close down.

Could you please say that strange code or send us a screenshot with it.

Quote:
How can I be certain that the program is actually using the Google API? e.g. what happens if the API is not entered correctly e.g.

If you type your API key incorrectly you simply won't get any results at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I've noticed that even if I just open up the program without even running it, and then try to close it I get the access violation warnings. Here is the actual text of the Access violation error window.

Access Violation at address 005FDB9E in module in GoogleMon.exe read of address 014D0BF4

I get 26 of these error windows which I have to accept all of them before the program will close!

John
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try to download this version:
http://CleverStat.com/googlemon.exe
If the error still happens, please send a report that will be created automatically within your e-mail client after the error message appears.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I've downloaded your new program but now I can't use the software at all now.

It's generated a "Bug report" which has been sent to you.

My computer froze up when I tried closing this second program you asked me to install. I had to use CTRL ALT DELETE to clear it.

I'm also a little concerned about the information that is collected in the "Bug Report". There are no assurances or statements given that the information collected cannot indanger the security of my computer or that information collected will not indager our our privacy or that personally identifyable material is transmitted. Both of which are standard good practice when issuing a bug report like this to give the user confidence that the information is used within specific guidelines that we can agree to before the information is sent.

Is this program in development stage?

I've just read through other comments on this bulletin board and it looks like there are a lot of bugs in this software. I think that most people using this software need to know at what stage you are at with it's development before we make a decision about installing it on our PC's.

John
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have received your reports, thanks. The issue will be fixed ASAP.

Concerning your second question, there is a checkbox within error message window. If you don't want to send a report, just uncheck it. You can also review a report before sending it out in your e-mail client.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
this version should fix the exit problem: http://CleverStat.com/googlemon.exe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
thanks for the quick response. I've applied the new program and it appears to be working now without any errors.

Thanks for your assistance

John
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: