CleverStat.com Forum Index CleverStat.com
CleverStat forum

SEO Tutorial and FAQSEO Tutorial and FAQ   SearchSearch   Free SEO SoftwareFree SEO Software   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Improvements

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Improvements Reply with quote

Hi there,

Firstly, can I say thank you because I think this Google tool is invaluable for looking at SEO.

I have a couple of things which I'd link to point out:

1. When I try my results in using the British setting, I always fail to see any results when I know I come top ten in some phrases.

2. As an improvement, I'd like to see a 'uncheck all' button so that I can either search all of my keyphrases or turn them all off and select a subset. Would this be possible?

3. Would you be able to build in a reporting option so that you can check your results over time to see if they are going up and down (using graphs, export to XLS etc). At the moment this has to be done by hand Sad

Thanks for yours help.

P.S. I'm using version 2.0.3.6
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. When I try my results in using the British setting, I always fail to see any results when I know I come top ten in some phrases.

Could you say which was those keywords and what is your URL?

Quote:
2. As an improvement, I'd like to see a 'uncheck all' button so that I can either search all of my keyphrases or turn them all off and select a subset. Would this be possible?

You can do it via right-click popup menu.

Quote:
3. Would you be able to build in a reporting option so that you can check your results over time to see if they are going up and down (using graphs, export to XLS etc). At the moment this has to be done by hand

These features are available in Accurate Monitor for Search Engines.
ahead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response, answered all my questions. In response to the google.co.uk problem, I have tried this using google.co.uk and using both 'search the web' and 'uk only' pages:

domain = www.disc-ltd.com
key phrase = exhibition accessories offers (no speech marks)

Should see around position 7/8 but nothing in the monitors....

This is the same with ASME as well. Is it because I could have registered my Google API key with .com instead of .co.uk? I would have thought I'd be able to access all of the results if I had any key?

Thanks.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
domain = www.disc-ltd.com
key phrase = exhibition accessories offers (no speech marks)

Should see around position 7/8 but nothing in the monitors....

This is the same with ASME as well. Is it because I could have registered my Google API key with .com instead of .co.uk? I would have thought I'd be able to access all of the results if I had any key?

Yes, API is the reason. But in a different way Smile
Look, when you search google.co.uk - it is a different data-center, but Google API only works with one data-center and allows to specify the language and the country to filter out only results that you need.

So if you specify, for instance, German language - you get all pages in German (no matter the country), if you specify Germany - you get only pages within Germany. The same thing happens with other international Googles. But. In real google.co.uk you can choose between "search the web" and "pages from UK". And Google API does not have such option, so it appears as you search with "pages from UK" option.

So, if you search with this URL you will see the same results as in Free Monitor for Google.

The solution for that is search without Google API. At least until it is in a beta stage according to Google.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Port and host Reply with quote

My version doesn;t seem to worl properly. Do I need to fill in the host and port at preferences? I really do not know what I am doing wrong, I don't see results coming back fro Google.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the following things:
1. Check your internet connection (sounds stupid, but in some cases it is the reason).
2. Check the settings of your personal firewall (if you have one) - it should permit an access to internet for Free Monitor.
3. If you search with Google API, try to search without it and vice versa.
4. Check the URLs and keywords spelling.

If nothing helps, please provide some keywords you're searching, your international settings and the URL, we will try from our side.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: