CleverStat.com Forum Index CleverStat.com
CleverStat forum

SEO Tutorial and FAQSEO Tutorial and FAQ   SearchSearch   Free SEO SoftwareFree SEO Software   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google seems to penalises Free Monitor for Google users !!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Green

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Google seems to penalises Free Monitor for Google users !! Reply with quote

I have been happily using the free Monitor for Google for some time. However - yesterday I noticed something unpleasant. When I used it to check my placings in Google with my usual search terms, it seemed to hang during the execution, but eventually finished by listing all of my serach terms as "not found".

When I tried searching with Google directly, I received a page informing me that Google was denying me access to their serach mechanisms. Here's the message I received:

We're sorry...
... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

I know it's not because of spyware, or a virus, since I ran a check. After some time, Google again let me use the search mechanisms, and I was again able to use Monitor for Google - but again it did not complete sucessfully and I was "locked out" for a period of time.

Does anyone know if Google have introduced some sort of checking into their web site, so that PC's making repeated queries are penalised in this way?
If so - are there any work-arounds so that I can again use Monitor for Google?

Thanks,
Barry Sad
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google's terms of servise doesn't allow to check ranking automatically. In other words, you cannot use Free Monitor for Google to check your rankings. Though Google usually shuts its eyes on that if the overall amount of searches going from your IP address is not significant. However, if the amount of queries at a time grows Google blocks all queries from that IP address and says "warning, you have a virus" message. Just a way to protect itself from automated queries. Wait for a while and Google (and Free Monitor for Google too) will work again.

The workaround for this are:
1. Limit your queries per day. Say, 100 keywords now, others later and so on.
2. Use Google API. Works a bit faster, but you're limited at 1000 queries per day and might get inaccurate results sometimes due to API's issues.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other link on this topic:
1. Can Google penalize me?
2. Why using Google API is important?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: