Joined: 22 Sep 2004
|Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:29 pm Post subject: Does not work? Please read this before reporting a bug
|If Accurate Monitor for Search Engines does not show any results or those results differ from those you see in your browser, please check the following things one-by-one:
1. Download the latest version of Accurate Monitor for Search Engines from our website. Usually you will be notified if the newer version exists unless you turned the "Check for updates" option off.
2. Perform a search engine database update. In Accurate Monitor for Search Engines it is done automatically once a day, but sometimes you may need to do this manually. Use either the File menu command or the corresponding button in the Preferences window.
3. Check your connection. You need to be connected to Internet in order to Free Monitor for Google works.
4. Check your firewall settings. Accurate Monitor for Search Engines must be allowed to access to Internet.
5. Check your keywords and URL spelling. A single typo may result in completely wrong results.
6. If you are using Google API, please check if you typed your authentication key correctly.
7. If you are using Google API, please note, there is a 1000 queries per day limitation in Google web API. If you exceed it, you don't get any results.
8. If you are using Google API, please note that Google API datacenter is NOT the same as Google's main datacenter. Results gained with API may differ from the real ones.
9. If you are using Google API, please note, that Google API is still in a beta stage since 2003. Therefore, you are NOT guaranteed to get correct results or get any results at all. This is NOT Free Monitor for Google issue. It is solely depends on Google API.
10. Please note, www.yourwebsite.com and yourwebsite.com are not equal. If you specified your URL in Accurate Monitor for Search Engines as www.yourwebsite.com and in Google it is listed as yourwebsite.com - Accurate Monitor for Search Engines may not show the correct position. Also check for trailing slashes in URL.
11. Please check your country settings in Accurate Monitor for Search Engines. Results for US and say Italy differ significantly. Choose proper datacenter.
12. Check if you're searching the Web or the Country. You can switch between Country and Web search in the Project settings.
13. Check your proxy server settings if you use one. If you are not sure whether or not you are using a proxy, please contact your system administrator for that.
14. If you recieve results only for some of your keywords and do not get any results for the rest ones - this usually means that your IP address is banned by Google so you don't get any results at all. Please check this forum topic to learn why this could happen and what can you do about that.
If after all you still get inaccurate results, please contact our support team by e-mail (found in about box) or in this forum.