CleverStat.com Forum Index CleverStat.com
CleverStat forum

SEO Tutorial and FAQSEO Tutorial and FAQ   SearchSearch   Free SEO SoftwareFree SEO Software   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Search for particular Keyword

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Site Content Analyzer Technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanzDesign.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Search for particular Keyword Reply with quote

Hi,
I've had the content Anaylzer for a week or so now, and wondered, if there a way to search for a particular keyword?

I mean do a search that would return a result of perhaps the 5 pages with the highest use of a particular keyword.

I have a very large website, and finding the best pages for a keyword for site keywords is very time consuming

Oh, by the way except for this problem, I love the program, it's just as good as the accurate monitor.

Regards Lynn
www.seobycanz.com
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the easiest way is to switch to the Sitewide modes with the bottom tabs, then select the desired keyword or phrase in the left list - it will show all files that include that keyword at the right. Now you can sort that list by the Weight or by the Total column to see which files have the highest use of that keyword or phrase.

You can read more about sitewide modes here.
CanzDesign.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Cool, How about finding what tags the program uses Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you for that tip that was exactly what I was looking for.

I have another quick question, on that words tab, theres a bar graph and the end of the row for distribution, is there a key somewhere that tells you what each color stands for?

And is there somewhere to see what tags the program looks for, I run the program on a friends site, and it didn't pick up a lot of the places she had used a keyword, I know it's her coding, but I wonder, like with bold text, does the program look for <b> or <strong>

Theres several other things codes I would like to know about too.

Oh the last think, how does the site deal with css, since many codes are in the css rather than the page?

Regards Lynn
www.seobycanz.com
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have another quick question, on that words tab, theres a bar graph and the end of the row for distribution, is there a key somewhere that tells you what each color stands for?

The bars represent different parts of a page. Left bars correspond to the top of a page, while right bars corresponds to the bottom part. This way you can see how is a keyword distrbuted across the page (near the top, near the bottom, in the middle etc). You can refer to the Help menu for more info on that topic.

Quote:
And is there somewhere to see what tags the program looks for, I run the program on a friends site, and it didn't pick up a lot of the places she had used a keyword, I know it's her coding, but I wonder, like with bold text, does the program look for <b> or <strong>

Site Content Analyzer considers both <b> and <strong>. You can also add some other tags in the Preferences window if you feel they should be considered as well.

Also, if some words on a page do not appear in the analysis, you may want to check that page for syntax in some HTML validator. If a page contains some html errors it may be parsed incorrectly. You can use one of the following tools:
Free HTML Validator
W3C HTML Validator

Quote:
Oh the last think, how does the site deal with css, since many codes are in the css rather than the page?

CSS is ignored since it is ignored by search engines too.
CanzDesign.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thank you very much that all makes sense.

Lynny
www.seobycanz.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Site Content Analyzer Technical forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: