CleverStat.com Forum Index CleverStat.com
CleverStat forum

SEO Tutorial and FAQSEO Tutorial and FAQ   SearchSearch   Free SEO SoftwareFree SEO Software   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google localisation

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Accurate Monitor for Search Engines Technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAbeling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Google localisation Reply with quote

There are two kinds of localisations in Google. I can confiure them on the Google site in my bropwsers.
- for national results (Deutschland/Germany)
- for local results (Hamburg, Berlin, Stuttgart, ...)

How can I configure Accurate Monitor for SE, to use the national results? Or special local results? Both independent from my place of location.

Reason:
- The product I take care for are national, local results make no sense
- I check the results from various branch offices, so I get completely different results; this makes statistics useless
[/img]
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two search options in Accurate Monitor for Search Engines:
1. Search the Web.
2. Search the country results.
You can switch between the options in the Project Settings window.

In your case the first option provides results from google.de for the entire Web (just like if you selected the corresponding option in Google). The second option searches for results in Germany only.

Depending on your IP or whether you are logged into Google account or not you may see the different picture comparing with the results you gain in your browser. So before you perform an actual comparison, please ensure you're logged off at both computers. Also check this forum topic for additional information.
JAbeling

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This means, that I never can get the national German results with Accurate Monitor for Serarch Engines, but only various local results?
That would be very unfortunate for me, as I could not use Accurate Monitor for most of the national relevant keywords, as I always get results, which are falsified due to local search.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accurate Monitor for Search Engines obtains the same info you would get on that computer using your browser. But there's no guarantee that it will display the same results as ones you can get from any other place in the world. No tool can give such a guarantee.

In most cases there's no much difference between results you get from say Berlin or from Moscow or from New York. But some queries - usually those that include some local names (for instance, "rent a car in Hamburg") - may return different picture, depending on your IP address. I would like to underscore - it is Google that provides different results for different IPs, not Accurate Monitor for Search Engines. Our tool simply duplicates what it gets from Google.

If you see results in Accurate Monitor for Search Engines that do not meet the results you get for the same keyword in your browser, please let us know about that here. Or even better, select such keyword in the program, then right-click it and choose "Report wrong ranking" in the context menu.

Summarizing all said above:
1. Accurate Monitor for Search Engines differentiates global and national results.
2. Accurate Monitor for Search Engines shows the same info as Google shows, and thus it may be different depending on IP address if Google shows different data too.
3. Accurate Monitor for Search Engines cannot specify a custom search location like a region or a city. I guess this can be added in future versions.
JAbeling

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,
"3. Accurate Monitor for Search Engines cannot specify a custom search location like a region or a city. I guess this can be added in future versions."
is the relevant answer.

When I enter www.google.de, I first select the location and then start retrieving. So the results I get from Google are due to my selection.

And, sorry, I GET significant different results depending on the location, e. g.
Keyword "webagentur" only, without any regional additions like "in Ulm":
. . result with location setting "ulm" in Google : position 9 / first page
. . result with location setting "deutschland" in Google: position 63 / 7th page
For me these are significant differences.
(The search PC IP belongs to/the PC ist located in the ulm area.)

So I am waiting for a forthcoming version of Accurate Monitor!
Thank you for your help.
harrybro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not use Accurate Monitor for most of the national relevant keywords, as I always get results
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I could not use Accurate Monitor for most of the national relevant keywords, as I always get results

Please clarify, what is the exact problem. Also, start from reading this forum topic.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Accurate Monitor for Search Engines Technical forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: