CleverStat.com Forum Index CleverStat.com
CleverStat forum

SEO Tutorial and FAQSEO Tutorial and FAQ   SearchSearch   Free SEO SoftwareFree SEO Software   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

about setting countries and results shown

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gho

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: about setting countries and results shown Reply with quote

Hi, even looking here in the forum there is something I cannot come clearly over with:

When I here located in France set the country ( data center ) e.g. to UK, this gives not the same result as when it is done by a person located in UK use google with setting 'any region' ?

Therefore it is right that special benefit of your monitor is to show me the result from a specific location in the world and not the 'false' result when I would use here in France google to see how my site is shown for some keywords? Is there any influence if the IP fo my site is a french one, or a german or a british ?

Last question:
What should I set as option if I would know, how is ith place of the english part of my multilingual site for people (not only in UK, may be also in Australia and USA) specifiying english as language ? (....and may be the put also the region to France ??.... )

Regards
gho
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are main things that influence the results:
1. Web/Country search option
2. Your IP address
3. Your Google account

Free Monitor for Google always searches by Web with respect to your current IP address and does not consider cookies from your Google account.

The influence of IP is not very high, so in many cases you won't see big difference between French UK results and UK UK results. However in some cases the difference can be drastic. There is an option in Google that allows to suppress the influence of the IP address. The corresponding option is implemented in Accurate Monitor for Search Engines, but there is not such option in Free Monitor for Google as well as there's no Country search option in it too.

In other words, for cross-country searches you better use Accurate Monitor for Search Engines.

I'm not sure I understood your last question correctly. You can choose the language of a search engine in some cases - for instance, Switzerland Google has three languages and you can switch between all of them. But you can't query French Google in English, or UK Google in French. Does this answer your question?
gho

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for these answers, my last question was even not clear for myself Smile
It was an attempt to make the trial to turn around the question of cross countries search by assigning a language as e.g. english, instead of a country.
But what could be the result ? A kind of average answer about a mix of important contries as US, UK, Ireland, Australia...?
But if possible theoratically, it would even not be usefull to know because there cannot be the conclusion what to do if this average is not satisfying, the result could be in "average" even good, but for the UK very bad.

In Accurate Monitor, can I define some cross contry searches in a kind of one way commande , in a similiar way as I define in Free Monitor multiple combinations of keywords for one site. I suppose that there must be these kind of possibilities.
Regards
gho
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can manually put parameters in a google query and make google give you spanish results from google.de in french while you pretend you have a United Kingdom IP :
http://www.google.de/search?q=internet&hl=fr&lr=lang_es&gl=GB
But heck, who in the world will do such query in the real life? What does the position you receive that way show? Nothing. It does not reflect your real standings.

Thus, in our web ranking products we do not consider complex combinations. You can search a certain datacenter either globally or limiting the search with that country results only. Plus you can use "gl=" parameter to neglect the effect of a foreign IP. That's all, and usually that's enough.

Language and country are not the same - german pages are not necessarily located in Germany, and not all pages from Germany are actually written in German. You can't just exchange one to the other and still get accurate results.

Quote:
In Accurate Monitor, can I define some cross contry searches in a kind of one way commande , in a similiar way as I define in Free Monitor multiple combinations of keywords for one site. I suppose that there must be these kind of possibilities.

You can add as many local search engines to a project you need. So you can search German, French and UK googles for the same keywords at the same time. But you cannot define another language other than the default one for that search engine - German for google.de, French for google.fr and so on.
gho

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, too much complicated is very academically, this happens when s.o.d'ont know what happens really.

One can imagine that people from USA travelling in Germany could look in Germany for an apartment in France while using english language ....

I have to practise if that is possible to put into the system.
With Free Monitor, I understood that:
I choose all the time over the whole net, I cannot set it to France.
But as Data Center I can toggle beetwenn France and Germany, or France, but it must be more confortable with Accurate Monitor.

I probably will try out Accurate Monitor, if there is a trial.
Thanks
Gho
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CleverStat.com Forum Index -> Free Monitor for Google Technical forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: